Funding and Grants Available
to Irish Businesses to Grow Online In 2024
The digital economy is growing rapidly and offers many opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to increase their competitiveness, innovation, and resilience. However, many SMEs face challenges in adopting and using digital technologies, such as lack of skills, resources, or awareness. To address these challenges, the Irish government provides various funding and grant schemes to support SMEs in their digital transformation journey.
These schemes cover different aspects of digitalisation, such as online trading, digital roadmap development, and digital process innovation. In this article, we will explore some of the main funding and grant schemes available to Irish businesses to grow online in 2024, and how they can help you achieve your digital goals.
Assist small businesses with up to 10 employees to trade more online, boost sales and reach new markets.
- Limited or no e-commerce presence;
- 10 or less employees;
- Turnover less than €2m;
- Applicant business must be trading for at least 6 Months**;
- Business must be located in the area covered by the LEO to whom they make their application
Funding can be used towards adding payment facilities or booking systems to your website or developing new apps for your customers. The voucher can also be used towards subscriptions to low cost online retail platform solutions, such as Turbo Inventory.
- Start-up and SME Enterprise Ireland client companies who are looking to develop a digital roadmap.
- Analyse process flow efficiency (delivery of value to customers)
- Explore potential for digital services or products
- Explore opportunities to improve process flow with Lean-digital systems
The aim of the Digital Discovery grant is to incentivise and support companies to develop a strategic roadmap for their digital transition. This should encompass a review of existing systems, processes and capabilities and an exploration of new opportunities in an increasingly digital world.
- Hire an external consultant
- Introduce technology and new ways of working
- Businesses seeking greater integration of digital technology for improved productivity.
- Implementing an innovative new way of working to increase quality, speed, dependability or flexibility of the company’s operations.
With this offer, Enterprise Ireland is supporting investment that will accelerate your business’ digital transition and introduce new ways of working. These grants can help entrepreneurs and SMEs to embrace digital technologies, improve their productivity, access new markets, and reduce their climate impact.
For any Irish business seeking reliable and scalable software solutions to manage accounting, inventory, and workflow – Big Red Cloud and Turbo Inventory are the ideal partners for achieving online growth.