While it is great to have customers coming in through the business doors or ringing the phone to place an order, there will sometimes be slow times when you have to generate sales by finding prospective customers. From hosting special sales events to creating contests to win flashy electronic gear, you want to reach out to as large of an audience as you can to find the leads that will eventually turn into sales.
Yet how exactly should you do this to get the best leads?
The last thing you want to happen is to waste your time trying to get prospects and they never appear. When this situation happens, you tend to wish that you spent that time more productively by focusing on daily operations and growing your business internally. Also, the lead generation tactics that some businesses use doesn’t seem to be working for your own as you would love to find the easiest way that leads to success.
Tips to Lead Generation
There are two types of lead generation techniques to employ: online and offline. You will have to decide which method is best based on where most of your potential customers get their information. Here are 5 lead generation tips that you can pursue to generate more sales.
- Form strategic business partnerships: Strategic partnerships are viable options as you can lead customers to another business as they will reciprocate. Select a business that has a service or product that relates to your industry. So if you run a catering business, you may want to form a strategic partnership with a wedding floral business.
- Optimise your web pages/landing pages: It’s amazing how so many leads will walk away simply because a website has incomplete or missing information, a weak ‘About Us ‘page that barely describes the company, or it isn’t mobile-optimised for smartphones and tablet screens. Tidy up your website so it attracts leads and has them stay on your page long enough to draw their interest. Don’t forget about your landing pages either. Be clear and concise about your message, and gather only the information you need to further contact the lead with the right offers.
- Get involved in conferences and trade shows: Conferences and trade shows will give you a unique advantage. These events will bring people who are truly interested in your business industry all in one place. Take advantage of the situation by getting involved in panel discussions, speaking events and presentations to spread the word about your business. If you can’t get to these events, then become involved with online guest posts, webinars, and podcasts.
- Email marketing campaigns: Don’t forget that new leads may just be old customers who have dropped out of your business radar after purchasing products and services in the past. Coax them back to your business doorstep by conducting email campaigns that can talk about new products or services, exciting news about the business, and sales discounts specifically tailored to that customer’s purchasing habits.
- Socialise online while providing relevant content: Customers can have a better time connecting with your business if you socialise and provide relevant content that focuses on their personal needs. Place evergreen content up on your blog, talk about industry news on LinkedIn or place polls and quizzes on your Facebook page. Grab people’s interests and socialise so they will want to visit your website or business location.
The important thing to remember about lead generation is that there are dozens upon dozens of ways to find leads. So you have a wealth of choices to decide on that will be the best fit for your company. Sometimes the leads can come pouring it the moment you engage in your marketing campaign.
Other times, prospects appear in dribs and drabs as you want to clench your teeth in frustration. Just keep in mind that even one lead that turns into a positive sale can be the loyal customer that helps your business get through the rough periods. And that loyal customer may end up telling their friends and family as they help you find more leads.