This course will be delivered 100% online using the Moodle Platform. Scheduled live Zoom support sessions will be available to supplement self-directed learning. Support is also available throughout via Moodle messaging. All material is available for download within the course. Big Red Book Payroll is available for the duration of the course.
Training brought to you by
Advanced Big Red Book Payroll
This course aims to give learners a sound understanding, to an employable level, of how to process advanced payroll conditions using one of Ireland’s most popular payroll software.BOOK NOW
- Aptitude: Applicants should have completed the Introduction to Big Red Cloud Accounting and Intermediate Big Red Cloud Accounting Courses or be working in the accounting/bookkeeping sector and have an understanding of accounting basics.
- Assumed Prior Knowledge: Business structures, chart of accounts, double entry transactions, set up procedures on Big Red Cloud, VAT rules and recording, accounting journals and dealing with stock transactions.
- Previous Experience: There are no specific pre-requisites required.
- Technical: Broadband sufficient to view video.
- Title: Advanced Big Red Book Payroll
- Award: Advanced Certificate in Payroll
- Awarding Body: Big Red Book
- Indicative Hours: 24-32 hours
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Delivery: Blended – Full suite of pre-recorded material supplemented by live Zoom workshops. Tutor support via Moodle throughout.
When the learner has completed this course they will be able to process advanced payroll scenarios including Holidays, Pensions, Emergency and Week 1 pay basis, BIK and Civil Service Rates of Mileage and Subsistence. They will also be able to manage taxation of married couples/civil partners and the mid-year start, change of circumstance and termination of staff.
Underpinning Payroll Knowledge
- Minimum Wage & Holiday Rights
- Pension Relief
- Taxation of Couples
- Benefit in Kind (BIK) Rules
- Civil Service Rates of Subsistence
- Employee rights on termination
Using Big Red Book Payroll
- Company, Employee, Pay & Deduction set up
- Processing Holidays and Bank Holidays
- Calculating and processing Pension Relief entitlements
- Processing a Mid-Year change in employee circumstances
- Processing Benefit in Kind
- Processing Mileage, subsistence and other expenses
- All period end processes and reporting